Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. G Sd.Kfz....

    Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. G Sd.Kfz. 161/1 early production

    TAMIYA plastic model kit for the construction of a German tank Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. G Sd.Kfz. 161/1 early production, of the Second WW, in 1/35 scale. 

    TAM35378
    Available from 1-3 days
    €46.50
    Tax included
    2 Items

     

    TAMIYA plastic model kit for the construction of a German tank Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. G Sd.Kfz. 161/1 early production, of the Second WW, in 1/35 scale. Includes sprues with plastic parts, assembly instructions, figures and decals.

    The Panzerkampfwagen IV (Pz.Kpfw. IV), commonly known as the Panzer IV, was a German medium tank developed in the late 1930s and used extensively during the Second World War. Its ordnance inventory designation was Sd.Kfz. 161. The Panzer IV was the most numerous German tank and the second-most numerous German fully tracked armored fighting vehicle of the Second World War; 8,553 Panzer IVs of all versions were built during World War II, only exceeded by the StuG III assault gun with 10,086 vehicles. Its chassis was also used as the base for many other fighting vehicles, including the Sturmgeschütz IV assault gun, the Jagdpanzer IV tank destroyer, the Wirbelwind self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, and the Brummbär self-propelled gun. The Panzer IV saw service in all combat theaters involving Germany and was the only German tank to remain in continuous production throughout the war. It was originally designed for infantry support, while the similar Panzer III was to fight armoured fighting vehicles. However, as the Germans faced the formidable T-34, the Panzer IV had more development potential, with a larger turret ring to mount more powerful guns, so the two switched roles. It received various upgrades and design modifications, intended to counter new threats, extending its service life. Generally, these involved increasing the armor protection or upgrading the weapons, although during the last months of the war, with Germany's pressing need for rapid replacement of losses, design changes also included simplifications to speed up the manufacturing process.

    The Panzer IV was partially succeeded by the Panther medium tank, which was introduced to counter the Soviet T-34, although it continued to be a significant component of German armoured formations to the end of the war. The Ausf. F tanks that received the new, longer, KwK 40 L/43 gun were temporarily named Ausf. F2 (with the designation Sd.Kfz. 161/1). The tank increased in weight to 23.6 tonnes. Differences between the Ausf. F1 and the Ausf. F2 were mainly associated with the change in armament, including an altered gun mantlet, internal travel lock for the main weapon, new gun cradle, new Turmzielfernrohr 5f optic for the L/43 weapon, modified ammunition stowage, and discontinuing of the Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung in favor of turret mounted Nebelwurfgerät. Three months after beginning production, the Panzer IV Ausf. F2 was renamed Ausf. G. During its production run from March 1942 to June 1943, the Panzer IV Ausf. G went through further modifications, including another armor upgrade which consisted of a 30-millimetre face-hardened appliqué steel plate welded (later bolted) to the glacis—in total, frontal armor was now 80 mm thick

    Scale
    1/35
    Era
    WWII
    Nationality
    Germany
    No reviews

    10 other products in the same category:

    Product added to wishlist

    We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our services,
    by analyzing how people use our website. By continuing to use the website, we understand
    that you accept their use. Click here for more information on our Cookies Policy.