Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-Last/H-Early...

    Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-Last/H-Early Nibelungenwerk Prod. (May-June 1943) 2 in 1 Interior Kit

    MINIART plastic model kit, for the assembly of a German tank Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-Last/H-Early Nibelungenwerk Prod. (May-June 1943) 2 in 1 Interior Kit, of the WW II in 1/35 scale.

    MNA35333
    Last items in stock
    €52.00
    Tax included
    1 Item

     

    MINIART plastic model kit, for the assembly of a German tank Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-Last/H-Early Nibelungenwerk Prod. (May-June 1943) 2 in 1 Interior Kit, of the WW II in 1/35 scale. Includes sprues with plastic parts, assembly instructions, clear parts, P.E. parts and decals.

    The Panzerkampfwagen IV (PzKpfw IV), commonly known as the Panzer IV, was a German medium tank developed in the late 1930s and used extensively during the Second WW. Its ordnance inventory designation was Sd.Kfz. 161.The Panzer IV was the most numerous German tank and the second-most numerous German armored fighting vehicle of the Second WW, with some 8,500 built. The Panzer IV chassis was used as the base for many other fighting vehicles, including the Sturmgeschütz IV assault gun, the Jagdpanzer IV tank destroyer, the Wirbelwind self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, and the Brummbär self-propelled gun.The Panzer IV saw service in all combat theaters involving Germany and was the only German tank to remain in continuous production throughout the war. The Panzer IV was originally designed for infantry support while the similar Panzer III would fight armoured fighting vehicles. However, as the Germans faced the formidable T-34, the Panzer IV had more development potential with a larger turret ring to mount more powerful guns and took over the anti-tank role.

    The Panzer IV received various upgrades and design modifications, intended to counter new threats, extending its service life. Generally, these involved increasing the Panzer IV's armor protection or upgrading its weapons, although during the last months of the war, with Germany's pressing need for rapid replacement of losses, design changes also included simplifications to speed up the manufacturing process. The Panzer IV was partially succeeded by the Panther medium tank, which was introduced to counter the Soviet T-34, although the Panzer IV continued as a significant component of German armoured formations to the end of the war. The Panzer IV was the most widely exported tank in German service, with around 300 sold to Finland, Romania, Spain and Bulgaria. After the war, Syria procured Panzer IVs from France and Czechoslovakia, which saw combat in the 1967 Six-Day War. 8,553 Panzer IVs of all versions were built during WW II, a production run in Axis forces only exceeded by the StuG III assault gun with 10,086 vehicles. The Ausf. H, began production in June 1943 and received the designation Sd. Kfz. 161/2. The integrity of the glacis armor was improved, a reinforced final drive with higher gear ratios was introduced, to prevent adhesion of magnetic anti-tank mines Zimmerit paste was added to all the vertical surfaces of the tank's armor, the turret roof was reinforced, the vehicle's side and turret were further protected by the addition of hull skirts and turret skirts and its rubber-tired return rollers were replaced with cast steel. These modifications meant that the tank's weight increased to 25 tonnes.

    Scale
    1/35
    Era
    WWII
    Nationality
    Germany
    No reviews

    10 other products in the same category:

    Product added to wishlist

    We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our services,
    by analyzing how people use our website. By continuing to use the website, we understand
    that you accept their use. Click here for more information on our Cookies Policy.